Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

This Week in Painting, August 20th

Sorry for the lack of updates -- there was a disconnect as we migrated to a new server. It's sorted now.

It's been a good week for painting - we've done several minis for the first time. One was the Riptide. The other two were the High Elf Phoenix and Skycutter.

The Phoenix is  lovely kit, but it's poorly balanced. It tips over on it's stand, and needs to be secured in place. Rather than super glue, we used some epoxy cement. I figured that would be a much stronger, more stable bond for such a heavy figure.

And here they are!


Navin Weeraratne

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday, August 8, 2013, This Week in Painting: August 9th, 2013

We got to do a Super Dungeon Explore set, complete with all the expansion sets. It was a lot of fun: the figures are just too cute! 

We also got to work on a Wraithknight. We had to extrapolate its color scheme for Biel-Tan. It didn't like how the official scheme for the wraithguard, so I worked with the guardian scheme instead.

It's more bold because that scheme is mostly white, and that's harder to do especially on larger minis. But, I think the results should speak for themselves.

Did a Nurgle-themed Soulgrinder for a very happy Jeffrey :) . Its a good sculpt, and basically paints itself. Rust effects are easy to do, an always look good against green armor. As long as one is dark and the other light, I feel its a strong combination.

Thanks for reading!

Navin, Paintedfigs

Monday, August 5, 2013

These Past Few Weeks in Painting

Sorry, I've been quite tardy with these. Here are some images of what we've been working on, the past three weeks.


Navin Weeraratne